This is not an official blog of the City. It is the work of Mark Kapel who is solely responsible for content.

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Good "Neighbors" doing business in the city.

The line up in front of my house.
The other day, I walked to the mail box and discovered that   my  neighbor was  having  a party. My  tip off  was  the  large number of cars being parked in front of my house and none being parked in front of the party's host. So I went over to the Valet  parking company and inquired.  They said it was going to be a big  party and and eventually they would be parking cars  at my neighbor's house  as well. I suggested they take the cars in front of  my lot and put them in front of party  house now. When the host's road and his expansive circular drive way filled, they could then park cars in front of my lot. They looked at me as though I were  mad.
No cars in front of party house.

 I conceded the possibility but added "Humor me." I explained that my wife was coming home in a two ton Van/SUV  and I didn't want her to drive with baited breath down a now, one lane street lined with other wide two ton vehicles.I also explained that that my experience with companies operating in the city had been quite positive and most companies indicated a willingness to be cooperative with adjacent home owners. I asked if  anyone had a card. None did but they did have a sign with a phone number and they moved  the cars as I requested. Then I noticed that the gentlemen from the valet company were wearing gold and black golf shirts and the valet sign had a depiction of what I  took to be the Lahser Knight. I guess they do a lot business in town. Must be good.

On a similar note I recently found a few piles leaves  and  yard waste dumped on the wooded portion of our lot  from, presumably by the landscape company of a new  neighbor. So I inquired and they came running with wheel barrows and shovels and cleaned up more than I asked for. It seems no one  had indicated a property line. I  could also see from the neighbors yard that they do good work. I asked for card but no one had one. So I took a picture of the truck.
Gonzalez rates a "like" in my rating.

 The moral of the story  is forget the neighbor who quite often isn't there,  dosn't care,  doesn't know, or who says he will take care of it next time if you remind him. Talk to the people who who have a financial interest in being good "neighbors."Don't forget to pass on the good words and the bad.









Very little gets by this guy who is currently supervising a nut clean up.

No comments: