The regular meeting of the City Commission will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at City Hall 45 E. Long Lake Road Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304. Phone 248.644.1520, FAX 248.644.4813.City Commision Meeting will begin at
1. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Consent Agenda A. Bills Payable for January 2015. B. Department Reports: a. Finance Director / Treasurer b. Public Safety c. DPW d. Building e. Engineering C. Minutes: a. City Commission Special and Regular Meeting held January 13, 2015.
3. Recognition of Citizens in the audience.
Editors note: Here any resident may speak on any topic for three minutes or less except a for agenda items. Consent Agenda items often passed in bulk with little or no comment by the Commission are not considered “Agenda items” that would preclude Public comment. Therefore if one wishes to comment on the tree cutting on Kensington this would be an ideal opportunity. Early February is gone and it will be interesting here about the meeting with DTE if it happend.
4. The commission will recognize the Department of Public Safety awards as presented by Chief Hendrickson.
5. The commission will consider the request of the property owner at 38500 Woodward Avenue for a variance from the sign ordinance.
6. PUBLIC HEARING: The commission will conduct a public hearing on the proposed sign ordinance.
7. The commission will discuss the 2015 Road Improvement Program bonds.
Editor’s note: In the current edition of Hills Highlight Mr. Cravens informs the reader that City Commission will consider extending the Waste Hauling contract approved at the January Commission Meeting for five years to eight years. Prior to tonight’s meeting, Mr. Cravens, we believe, is the only voice to an immediate, before service has even started, contract extension for Rizzo waste hauling. . Eight years is a long time. Go back eight years to 2007 and Commissioner Hardy the only current commissioner who goes back that far was Mayor and City Manager Cravens was just starting with City. Who will be around in 2023 ? Who knows ? In waste hauling a five year contract with a three extension at the end for good work is standard. That what the communities of Rochester Hills (Mr. Cravens home community) and Bloomfield Township have done. It will be interesting to see how the commission votes
9. The commission will consider a change to the City Clerk Administrative Assistant position.
Editor’s note: The last three items which end every meeting are often ignored by the lateness of the hour (10pm or so here, but City of Birmingham Commission meetings with extensive public comments often run to midnight and the Birmingham Commission meets twice a month.). Agenda items 10, 11, and 12 are a very good indicator of coming attractions or disasters as the case may be.