The hourly rate of $16.00 an hour depending on qualifications means that a highly qualified applicant could earn in more in an afternoon than the Mayor makes in a year. The mayor is a member of city commission and all city commissioners are paid $5.00 a month, in one annual lump some of $60.00.
The mayor and the city commissioners are the collective employers of all employed at City Hall . Regardless, the elected enter the building the same way you or I would and that is through the front door. Then they would commence their visit, the same way you or I would, by approaching the counter. There they would be assisted by a person meeting many of the qualifications and attributes listed below.
Job Posting: Part-time Support Staff to the City Clerk
Reports To: City Clerk
Hourly Rate: $16.00 / DOQ
Schedule: 12:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
Closing Date: July 29, 2011
To perform a variety of responsible administrative and clerical duties for the City Clerk requiring substantial public contact and a high degree of accuracy.
- An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following: (Does not include all tasks employee may be expected to perform.)
- Receptionist to greet, assist and appropriately direct all inquires at the City Hall administrative counter.
- Receptionist on phone system to direct calls or answer general municipal inquires.
- Administrative support duties for all departments in City Hall.
- Receive and review applications for various City licenses and permits.
- Prepare a variety of letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Update voter registration records and general municipal records.
- Assist the Clerk in conducting elections.
- Perform follow-up duties as a result of City Commission, Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Assist in assembling City Commission, Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals agenda packets.
- Administer annual business licensing.
- Administer annual waste hauler application process.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Possession of a high school diploma, or its equivalent, supplemented by college coursework in Business, English, or Administrative Support.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to distinguish confidential material and apply department standards for security and privacy.
- Possess the ability to communicate, orally and in writing and work constructively with others and the general public.
- A minimum of 3 years of office experience with substantial public contact, municipal experience strongly preferred.
Other combinations of education and experience, which could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job, may be considered.
Interested parties must submit a resume, professional references and an employment application to the City of Bloomfield Hills 45 E. Long Lake Road Bloomfield Hills MI 48304 by July 29, 2011 at 4:00pm. No telephone inquires please.